Monday, May 23, 2011

Strawberry Banana Bread Surprise

I have the best photos to go along with this post, but the memory stick adapter has gone M.I.A.  I know many of you have been waiting for this post, among others, so I thought I would go ahead and share my recipe.  I hope to add the photos soon. 

My baby has recently decided to stop eating infant cereal, so I incorporated some of the leftovers into this recipe -- which he will eat.  I hope you enjoy, and please do share your experiences of baking instead of wasting leftovers.

Strawberry Banana Bread Surprise
Makes 3 loaves.


INGREDIENTS:


6 – 8 bananas
2 sticks butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. sugar
5 eggs
2 c. strawberries, diced
2 tsp. baking soda
3 c. all purpose flour
1 c. infant oatmeal cereal (I used Beechnut)
3 T. milk, as needed


 
DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 3 9X5 inch loaf pans.


2. Mix flour, infant cereal, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, smash the bananas. Add softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, and mix well. Add eggs one at a time until well mixed. Slowly add flour mixture, until combined. Finally, gently stir in diced strawberries. Pour batter into greased bread pans.


3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 – 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let bread cool in pans for at least 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack. Be sure bread is completely cooled before storing, or the humidity will cause bread to become soggy. After cooling, I usually place them in an open bread bag for the first 24 hours, before sealing bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment